The field of software engineering at the University of Turku, Department of Future Technologies encompasses research broadly in software and games development. Research in the former is conducted at TUCS Software Development Laboratory (SwDev) with specialization in cloud service architectures and business models, software business with special focus on start-ups, software development methodologies and processes, software ecosystems, software metrics, testing and security, software productization, software techniques, especially related to parallelism, software technology-enabled services and managing technology-service convergences.
For more information please visit
Turku Game Lab
Research in game development and gamification is conducted in Turku Game Lab and SwDev. Turku Game Lab is a joint project between Turku University of Applied Sciences and University of Turku, funded by the technology industry’s hundred’year history foundation.
For more information, please visit Turku Game Lab.
- A honeypot proxy framework for deceiving attackers with fabricated content
Jarko Papalitsas, Sampsa Rauti, Jani Tammi, Ville Leppänen
- Technical debt and agile software development practices and processes: An industry practitioner survey
Johannes Holvitie, Sherlock A.Licorish, Rodrigo O.Spínola, Sami Hyrynsalmi, Stephen G.MacDonell, Thiago S. Mendes, Jim Buchan, Ville Leppänen
- How PHP Releases Are Adopted in the Wild?
Jukka Ruohonen, Ville Leppänen
- Exploiting smart e-Health gateways at the edge of healthcare Internet-of-Things: A fog computing approach
Rahmani A., Gia T., Negash B., Anzanpour A., Azimi I., Jiang M., Liljeberg P.
- A multi-agent system for solar driven DC microgrid (2017)
Diana Rwegasira, Imed Ben Dhaou, Aron Kondoro, Naiman Shililiandumi, Amleset Kelati, Nerey Mvungi, Hannu Tenhunen
- A framework for load shedding and demand response in DC microgrid using multi agent system (2017)
Diana Rwegasira, Imed Ben Dhaou, Anastasia Anagnostou, Aron Kondoro, Naiman Shililiandumi, Amleset Kelati, Simon J.E. Taylor, Nerey Mvungi, Hannu Tenhunen
- Simulation Tools for a Smart Micro Grid: Comparison and Outlook (2017)
Aron Kondoro, Imed Ben Dhaou, Diana Rwegasira, Amleset Kelati, Naiman Shililiandumi, Nerey Mvungi, Hannu Tenhunen
- Preface (2017)
Marco Aldinucci, Mats Brorsson, Daniele D’Agostino, Masoud Daneshtalab, Peter Kilpatrick, Ville Leppänen
- REPLICA MBTAC: multithreaded dual-mode processor (2017)
Martti Forsell, Jussi Roivainen, Ville Leppänen
- DoS-IL: A Domain Specific Internet of Things Language for Resource Constrained Devices (2017)
Behailu Negash, Tomi Westerlund, Amir M. Rahmani, Pasi Liljeberg, HannuTenhunen