The field of software engineering at the University of Turku, Department of Future Technologies encompasses research broadly in software and games development. Research in the former is conducted at TUCS Software Development Laboratory (SwDev) with specialization in cloud service architectures and business models, software business with special focus on start-ups, software development methodologies and processes, software ecosystems, software metrics, testing and security, software productization, software techniques, especially related to parallelism, software technology-enabled services and managing technology-service convergences.
For more information please visit
Turku Game Lab
Research in game development and gamification is conducted in Turku Game Lab and SwDev. Turku Game Lab is a joint project between Turku University of Applied Sciences and University of Turku, funded by the technology industry’s hundred’year history foundation.
For more information, please visit Turku Game Lab.
- Exploiting smart e-Health gateways at the edge of healthcare Internet-of-Things: A fog computing approach
Rahmani A., Gia T., Negash B., Anzanpour A., Azimi I., Jiang M., Liljeberg P.
- Knitting company performance and board interlocks: An exploration with the finnish software industry (2017)
Hyrynsalmi S., Suominen A., Ruohonen J., Seppänen M., Järvi A.
- Whose Hands Are in the Finnish Cookie Jar? (2017)
Ruohonen Jukka, Leppänen Ville
- Challenge driven education in the context of internet of things (2017)
V. Taajamaa, D. Rwegasira, A. Kelati, A. Kondoro, N. Mvungi, H. Tenhunen, I. Ben Dhaou, S. Naiman
- A Comparison of Record and Play Honeypot Designs (2017)
Papalitsas Jarko, Rauti Sampsa, Leppänen Ville
- Leveraging fog computing for healthcare IoT (2017)
Negash B., Gia T., Anzanpour A., Azimi I., Jiang M., Westerlund T., Rahmani A., Liljeberg P., Tenhunen H.
- 'You have a Potential Hacker's Infection': A Study on Technical Support Scams (2017)
Sampsa Rauti, Ville Leppänen
- The Shades of Grey: Datenherrshaft in Data-driven Gamification (2017)
Sami Hyrynsalmi, Kai Kimppa, Jani Koskinen, Jouni Smed, Sonja Hyrynsalmi
- The Dark Side of Gamification: How We Should Stop Worrying and Study also the Negative Impacts of Bringing Game Design Elements to Everywhere (2017)
Sami Hyrynsalmi, Jouni Smed, Kai Kimppa
- A Proxy-Based Solution for Asynchronous Telemedical Systems (2017)
Sampsa Rauti, Janne Lahtiranta, Heidi Parisod, Sami Hyrynsalmi, Sanna Salanterä, Minna Elisabeth Aromaa, Jouni Smed, Ville Leppänen