The field of software engineering at the University of Turku, Department of Future Technologies encompasses research broadly in software and games development. Research in the former is conducted at TUCS Software Development Laboratory (SwDev) with specialization in cloud service architectures and business models, software business with special focus on start-ups, software development methodologies and processes, software ecosystems, software metrics, testing and security, software productization, software techniques, especially related to parallelism, software technology-enabled services and managing technology-service convergences.
For more information please visit
Turku Game Lab
Research in game development and gamification is conducted in Turku Game Lab and SwDev. Turku Game Lab is a joint project between Turku University of Applied Sciences and University of Turku, funded by the technology industry’s hundred’year history foundation.
For more information, please visit Turku Game Lab.
- A Hardware-in-Loop Simulation of DC Microgrid using Multi-Agent Systems
Diana Rwegasira, Imed Ben Dhaou, Aron Kondoro, Amleset Kelati, Nerey Mvungi, Hannu Tenhunen
- Implementation of multioperations in thick control flow processors
Martti Forsell, Jussi Roivainen, Ville Leppänen, Jesper Larsson Träff
- Toward validation of textual information retrieval techniques for software weaknesses
Jukka Ruohonen, Ville Leppänen
- Security, Privacy'); DROP TABLE users; -- and Forced Trust in the Information Age?
Antti Hakkala, Olli I. Heimo, Sami Hyrynsalmi, Kai K. Kimppa
- Building geospatial competences in Tanzanian universities with open source solutions
Käyhkö N., William C., Mayunga J., Makame M., Mauya E., Järvi A.
- Performance Analysis of End-to-End Security Schemes in Healthcare IoT
Sanaz Rahimi Moosavi, Ethiopia Nigussie, Marco Levorato, Seppo Virtanen, Jouni Isoaho
- Community climate services for small-scale farmers in Tanzania
Helminen J., Myllynpää V., Apiola M., Dayoub M., Westerlund T., Sutinen E.
- Diversification and obfuscation techniques for software security: A systematic literature review
Shohreh Hosseinzadeh, Sampsa Rauti, Samuel Laurén, Jari-Matti Mäkelä, Johannes Holvitie, Sami Hyrynsalmi, Ville Leppänen
- Rethinking ‘Things’ - Fog layer interplay in IoT: A mobile code approach
Behailu Negash, Tomi Westerlund, Pasi Liljeberg, Hannu Tenhunen
- Virtualization at the network edge: A technology perspective
Kakakhel Syed, Mukkala Lauri, Westerlund Tomi, Plosila Juha