The field of software engineering at the University of Turku, Department of Future Technologies encompasses research broadly in software and games development. Research in the former is conducted at TUCS Software Development Laboratory (SwDev) with specialization in cloud service architectures and business models, software business with special focus on start-ups, software development methodologies and processes, software ecosystems, software metrics, testing and security, software productization, software techniques, especially related to parallelism, software technology-enabled services and managing technology-service convergences.
For more information please visit
Turku Game Lab
Research in game development and gamification is conducted in Turku Game Lab and SwDev. Turku Game Lab is a joint project between Turku University of Applied Sciences and University of Turku, funded by the technology industry’s hundred’year history foundation.
For more information, please visit Turku Game Lab.
- Design for energy-efficient and reliable fog-assisted healthcare IoT systems
Nguyen Gia. Tuan
- Supporting concurrent memory access in TCF processor architectures
Forsell M., Roivainen J., Leppänen V., Träff J.
- Mitigating Branch-Shadowing Attacks on Intel SGX Using Control Flow Randomization
Hosseinzadeh S, Liljestrand H, Leppänen V, Paverd A
- A Case-Control Study on the Server-Side Bandages Against XSS
Ruohonen J., Leppänen V.
- Towards Profiling Program Instances in Host-Based Intrusion Detection Systems by Recognizing Software Update Patterns
Koivunen L, Rauti S, Leppänen V
- A Hardware-in-Loop Simulation of DC Microgrid using Multi-Agent Systems
Diana Rwegasira, Imed Ben Dhaou, Aron Kondoro, Amleset Kelati, Nerey Mvungi, Hannu Tenhunen
- Healthy until otherwise proven: Some proposals for renewing research of software ecosystem health
Hyrynsalmi S., Ruohonen J., Seppänen M.
- Implementation of multioperations in thick control flow processors
Martti Forsell, Jussi Roivainen, Ville Leppänen, Jesper Larsson Träff
- Toward validation of textual information retrieval techniques for software weaknesses
Jukka Ruohonen, Ville Leppänen
- Security, Privacy'); DROP TABLE users; -- and Forced Trust in the Information Age?
Antti Hakkala, Olli I. Heimo, Sami Hyrynsalmi, Kai K. Kimppa