The field of software engineering at the University of Turku, Department of Future Technologies encompasses research broadly in software and games development. Research in the former is conducted at TUCS Software Development Laboratory (SwDev) with specialization in cloud service architectures and business models, software business with special focus on start-ups, software development methodologies and processes, software ecosystems, software metrics, testing and security, software productization, software techniques, especially related to parallelism, software technology-enabled services and managing technology-service convergences.
For more information please visit
Turku Game Lab
Research in game development and gamification is conducted in Turku Game Lab and SwDev. Turku Game Lab is a joint project between Turku University of Applied Sciences and University of Turku, funded by the technology industry’s hundred’year history foundation.
For more information, please visit Turku Game Lab.
- Bridging the Gap between Software Architecture and Business Model Development: A Literature Study
S. Hyrynsalmi, S. Rauti, E. Kaila
- Guest Editorial Special Issue on Security and Forensics of Internet of Things: Problems and Solutions
Virginia N. L. Franqueira, Pedro Ricardo Morais Inácio, Aleksandra Mileva, Mauro Conti, Ville Leppänen, Raul H. C. Lopes
- Promoting Innovation by Adding Entrepreneurial Education to a Natural Sciences Curriculum-Case Tanzania
Ville Taajamaa, Emma Nkonoki, Antero Järvi, Lauri Hooli
- Contextualising Innovation in Africa: Knowledge Modes and Actors in Local Innovation Development
Hooli L., Jauhiainen J., Järvi A., Nkonoki E., Taajamaa V., Käyhkö N.
- Creation of CERID: Challenge, Education, Research, Innovation, and Deployment 'In the Context of Smart MicroGrid'
Ebrahimi M., Kelati A., Nkonoki E., Kondoro A., Rwegasira D., Ben Dhaou I., Taajamaa V., Tenhunen H.
- A Survey on Odometry for Autonomous Navigation Systems
Sherif A. S. Mohamed, Mohammad-Hashem Haghbayan, Tomi Westerlund, Jukka Heikkonen, Hannu Tenhunen, Juha Plosila
- Practical Software Engineering Capstone Course – Framework for Large, Open-Ended Projects to Graduate Student Teams
Vasankari T., Majanoja A.
- A review of location-based games: Do they all support exercise, social interaction and cartographical training?
Samuli Laato, Tarja Pietarinen, Sampsa Rauti, Nobufumi Inaba, Erkki Sutinen
- Analysis of performance and energy consumption of wearable devices and mobile gateways in IoT applications
Nakhkash M., Gia T., Azimi I., Anzanpour A., Rahmani A., Liljeberg P.
- Intermediaries in eHealth Education
Janne Lahtiranta, Anne-Maarit Majanoja